Just like an authentic Bordelaise family, you will ride bikes or take the tram to get to La Grenadine, located in the historic city center area. A quietly situated contemporary guest house with a wood and stone patio delights with its stylish decor, daring color palette, and mosaics that give its guests a temporary escape.
The young designer Camille Glorieux turned her house into this cozy guest house in 2014 and she’s proud to be fully booked most of the time. Both French and foreign people are seduced by the elegant simplicity of the place and the warm welcome by Camille herself. It is conveniently located in a residential area, a ten minute walk from the Quai des Chartrons or three minutes from the nearest tram stop. La Grenadine promises a relaxing stop after a day of walking in the city.
Situated around the patio that lets sunshine light up the dining room, each of the five rooms is a nod to Camille’s artistic universe. You’ll find “Alphonse” inspired by the illustrator Alphonse Mucha, “Seymourina” with a British, 19th century atmosphere, “Salina” and its natural setting inspired by Aeolian Islands, “Gala” and “Frida”, as fanciful as an artist studio. Neither pompous nor overly sophisticated, the place won’t suffer from the comings and goings of young tourists, who also enjoy the delicacies served at breakfast by Camille: mini lemon tarts, pine nut financiers, or vanilla apple compote – all home-made.
For families, the Salina room is the best one, with its mezzanine for parents, sofa bed for children and bathroom with a bathtub. An extra bed or crib can be added. For large groups (10-12), the whole house can be rented for a weekend.
… to chat with Camille at breakfast and follow her recommendations about lifestyle and food spots in Bordeaux.
- The Skate Park on the Quai des Chartrons, for teens but there is also a small space saved for little ones on skooters.
- In the same area, find oysters or authentic paella at the organic market for Sunday lunch along the Garonne.
- Notre Dame Street, charmingly known for its antique dealers and restaurants. Make a stop at RKR decor and at Cabanes et Châteaux.
- At number 75 on Notre Dame Street, stop for lunch or dinner at Bocca a Bocca, a fine Italian restaurant with its grocery right across the street. (closed on Sunday)
- Bike rental, 600 meters away. (Cool Bike, 77 Quai des Chartrons, 33000 Bordeaux. +33 (0) 533 481 386)
Guest house La Grenadine
31, Rue Denise
+33 (0) 601 670 681
Tram line B, stop Médoc Course.
VCub Station (bike) to 100 meters.
Checklist : baby cot, extra bed, some rooms are equipped with bathrooms, kitchen access, free Wifi.
View on Google Maps
Prices & reservation
Double room from 90 euros per night.
+33 6 01 67 06 81